Office of External Affairs Staff
A.S. Council Applications
About the Associated Students of UCSD (ASUCSD)
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
About the Office of External Affairs Staff
The purpose of the ASUCSD External Affairs office shall be to educate the UCSD student body on issues affecting the University at a city, state, and national level; The ASUCSD External Affairs Office shall also advocate for issues regarding higher education and lobby system-wide University officials and local legislators on the UCSD student body’s behalf. In addition, the ASUCSD External Affairs office shall facilitate community relations and educational outreach on behalf of ASUCSD.
- UC Sustain Our Students Campaign Director:
- Act as a liaison between the UC Student Association and UCSD's main campus to achieve the goals of the system wide campaign
- Coordinate and work with the Global Food Initiative to set goals and work with data
- Program relevant events and raise awareness around food and housing insecurity at the campus level
- Collaborate with Triton Food Pantry on grassroots efforts
- Collaborate with AVP of Food and Housing Resources _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Sanctuary UC Campaign Director:
- Act as a liaison between the UC Student Association and UCSD's main campus to achieve the goals of the system wide campaign towards a sanctuary state
- Coordinate and work with the Undocumented UC coalition to establish goals
- Program relevant events and raise awareness around food and housing insecurity of the campaign at the campus level
- Build partnerships with local organizations advocating for undocumented, immigrants, and refugee rights _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Fund the UC Campaign Director:
- Act as a liaison between the UC Student Association and UCSD's main campus to achieve the goals of the system wide campaign of achieving more funding for the UC to roll back tuition
- Program relevant events and raise awareness around Prop 13 Reform
- Work closely with Legislative Director to organize around budget and legislative asks for more funding and lobby local elected officials
- Build partnerships with local organizations advocating for funding for higher education _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Energy Transfer Partners Divestment Campaign Coordinator:
- Act as a liaison between the UC Student Association and UCSD's main campus to achieve the goals of the system wide campaign to divest from Energy Transfer Partners
- Program relevant events and raise awareness around UC divestment from Energy Transfer Partners
- Work closely with Organizing Director on grassroots efforts for campus and greater San Diego community engagement
- Build partnerships with local organizations advocating for, but not limited to, fossil fuel, carbon, and oil divestment _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Labor Commissioner
- Shall recruit and retain student or worker representatives from AFSCME, TFA, UAW, and Teamsters as well to lead a Commission dedicated to student-worker labor relations.
- Shall attend weekly Council meetings and help draft language to resolutions that will strengthen the relationship between students and workers.
- Shall serve as the liaison between students and workers on campus in order to strengthen and broaden solidarity between the two groups. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Applications will be due by Saturday, March 11 at 11:59pm. Completed applications may be submitted online using this form. Upon submission of the application you will be contacted to sign up for an interview.