Warren College receives highest voter turnout award amongst the six colleges
The referendum did not pass with:
Click here to see the full statistics in PDF format.
VOTE WEEK 8 & 9 (Feb.27-Mar.9)
Vote on tritonlink.ucsd.edu.
Polls close at 4pm on Mar. 9.
JOIN THE OFFICIAL SPECIAL ELECTION FACEBOOK
Click here to join the dialogue and get informed.
POTENTIAL JUDICIAL BOARD HEARING TIMES
Announced at Round Table Pizza at 6pm
TOWN HALL MEETINGS regarding the Special Election
Tuesday, Feb. 21st, 3:00pm-4:00pm, Red Shoe Room
Monday, Feb 27th, 7:00pm, Bear Room
JUDICIAL BOARD HEARING TIMES
Wednesday, February 29, 2012: 11am-12pm Senate Chambers
Wednesday, March 7, 2012: 7pm-8pm Senate Chambers
OFFICIAL BALLOT LANGUAGE
Referendum to Increase ICA Student Activity Fee to Support Advancing UCSD to NCAA Division I Sports
Do you approve an increase in the Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) Student Activity Fee by $165 per undergraduate student per quarter to support the advancement of Athletics to NCAA Division I?
The current ICA operating fee is $119.78 per undergraduate student per quarter and the total ICA operating fee after this referendum would be $284.78 per undergraduate student per quarter, excluding annual CPI adjustments.
To meet NCAA Division I requirements, the fee increase will be assessed up to 1 year prior to UCSD’s first scheduled competition as a member of a Division I conference. If no NCAA Division I conference extends an invitation to UCSD by September 30, 2014, this fee increase will not be assessed and the results of this fee increase referendum shall become null and void.
The fee increase would be allocated to and administered by the ICA Department to increase its operating budget for a broad-based program and to comply with the NCAA Division I athletic scholarship requirements.
29% of this fee increase ($47.85) will return to UCSD to be used to help meet the financial aid needs of undergraduate students. The balance of this fee increase ($117.15) will augment the current portion of the ICA Student Activity Fee assigned to Intercollegiate Athletics. Consistent with the current application of the original ICA fee, 50% of the total quarterly ICA Student Activity Fee will be assessed for each of the two summer sessions.
The total ICA Student Activity Fee shall be adjusted annually according to the California Consumer Price Index (CPI) and shall not exceed a 3% annual adjustment.
Statement of Conditions:
- The funds from the ICA Student Activity Fee assigned to Intercollegiate Athletics, both from the current fee and this new increase, will be governed by this Statement of Conditions.
- The fee increase will be included in the determination of financial aid.
- Annual budget reports on the use of the funds from the ICA Student Activity Fee assigned to Intercollegiate Athletics, both from the current fee and this new increase, will be made public and provided by ICA to all UCSD student governments.
- Modifications of this fee increase may not be made without a subsequent student referendum held in accordance with the appropriate student governmental and University policies, unless other means are explicitly provided in this ballot language.
- The Associated Students of UCSD (ASUCSD) Council shall maintain oversight of the funds from the ICA Student Activity Fee assigned to Intercollegiate Athletics, both from the current fee and this new increase.
- The ASUCSD Council must annually review and approve the ICA budget and shall comply with UC and UCSD policies, NCAA policies and regulations, and the contractual commitments of ICA.
- The ASUCSD Council will form a standing ICA committee to ensure familiarity with ICA operations and financial needs. The committee will include equal numbers appointed by ASUCSD Council and ICA. The committee will meet quarterly, at minimum, and will develop and submit an annual ICA budget to the ASUCSD Council for approval. ICA may appeal the decision to the Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs for final resolution. After the ASUCSD Council and ICA have presented their position to the Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs, a decision of the Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs shall be made public.
- The funds from the ICA Student Activity Fee assigned to Intercollegiate Athletics, both from the current fee and this new increase, shall not be used to fund the construction of any new facilities.
- No merchandise/apparel sold by Athletics may be manufactured under sweat-shop labor conditions or supplied by organizations deemed to be complicit in national or international labor abuse. The United Students Against Sweatshop (USAS) shall serve as a reference for the labor standard of any partners in question.
ESTIMATED COST AND BUDGET BREAKDOWN
This breakdown was provided by the Athletics Department, Office of Student Affairs and ASUCSD.
INFORMATION ON A.S. / GALBRAITH HALL SURVEY 2012
Click to read letter from the Election Manager regarding the survey - February 27, 2012