Applying for positions within Elections Committee
- Election Board Chair
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community.
Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services, and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
The Election Manager's role:
- Work with the Election Committee to host Elections 101 events during Winter Quarter both campus-wide and with the colleges
- Advertise the filing period of AS Elections
- Collaborate with the College Council election managers to ensure maximum participation during election season
- Run and oversee the ASUCSD Campus-Wide elections in April 2020 including what is outlined in the Election Code section of the ASUCSD Standing Rules
Qualifications for Election Manager:
- To have an understanding of campus-wide and/or college elections
- To not be running for elected office in the April 2020 elections
- To be able to remain impartial during elections on both referenda and candidate related topics
- To be able to lead a team in organizing Elections 101 events which explain the election process to the student body
The Election Manager shall receive a $40/week stipend with an increase during election season.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.