Applying for positions within AVP Triton Spirit & Athletics
- Outreach Intern
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
The purpose of this role shall be to increase the role of Intercollegiate Athletics on campus. The Office shall work to increase on campus spirit, (eventually) boost attendance at home athletic events, improve the sense of community through athletics, improve athletic awareness on campus and support the needs of UCSD athletes.
- Shall work with the AVP to coordinate events
- Become more visible for students on campus
- Promote involvment in UC San Diego Athletics and Recreation departments
- Recreate spirit on campus
- Become more accessible to athletes
- Shall help the AVP organize events and provide help during events
- Shall meet weekly with the AVP of Spirit and Athletics and review weekly progress
- Shall work with campus partners (i.e. triton tide, recreation, triton athletic council) to ensure open communication with our office and work to strengthen the relationships with AS and outside partners
- Work alongside Triton Tide to maintain a cohesive social media prescence
- Attend RFAB meetings weekly to stay in communication with Recreation
- Strong communication, organization, time management, and analytical skills required
- This position requires ~5 hours per week