Applying for positions within AVP Triton Spirit & Athletics
- Marketing Intern
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
The purpose of this role shall be to increase the role of Intercollegiate Athletics on campus. The Office shall work to increase on campus spirit, (eventually) boost attendance at home athletic events, improve the sense of community through athletics, improve athletic awareness on campus and to support the needs of UCSD athletes.
- Help the office become more visible for students and athletes on campus
- Promote involvment in UC San Diego Athletics and Recreation departments
- Recreate spirit on campus
- Shall work alongside the AS Graphic Design team and Triton Tide to work on marketing promotions- flyers, creative missions, and events
- Must know how to create promotional material
- Create and publicize flyers and events, online and throughout campus
- Meet weekly with the AVP of Spirit and Athletics and review weekly progress
- Strong communication, organization, time management, and analytical skills required
- This position requires ~5 hours per week