Applying for positions within President
- AVP of Transportation and Transformation
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
Transportation and Transformation The purpose of the Associated Students Office of Transportation & Transformation is to advocate for the interests of students in the following subject areas:
● Parking ● Public Transportation ● U-Pass Program ● Campus Planning ● Campus Construction ●
The Office aims further the interests of students commuting to and from, or navigating within campus. This mission is fulfilled primarily through advocacy within campus administration, in order to promote the development of student-centered policies and programs on campus. This mission is secondarily fulfilled through events targeted to students, the distribution of information to students, and through student leadership. As one example, the Office supports programs such as the Grocery Shuttle initiative. Furthermore, leadership in this regard takes the form of providing guidance to existing commuter representatives in the All-Campus Commuter Board, all seven College Councils, and Associated Students Off-Campus Senators.
The Office serves as the main liaison between the student body, and the Serve as the main student liaison from Associated Students to the Office of the Vice Chancellor-Resource Management & Planning, which includes, but is not limited to the following campus departments:
● Transportation Services ● Campus Planning ● Capital Program Management ● University Centers Commuter Events and Programs ● Design & Development Services ● Fleet Services ● Environment, Health & Safety ●
Finally, an additional mission of the Office is to promote productive dialogue between students and UC San Diego administration. This mission is fulfilled by increasing the frequency of, and quality of, information dissemination to the student body, through coordination and outreach.
Specific Responsibilities of the AVP of Transportation and Transformation:
● Directs the Office of Transportation & Transformation and staff within.
● Establish targeted policy, program, event, and information goals for the Office, to advance its mission.
● Curate staff positions to help advance the goals of the Office as appropriate.
● Shall serve as the point person within Associated Students for all issues falling within the Subject Areas listed above.
● Ensure the continuity of all programs initiated by the Office in the 2021-2022 academic year.
● Shall cultivate relationships between the Office and campus administrators responsible for the subject areas of the Office.
● Serve on, and/or chair, the Student Transportation Advisory Committee.
● Serve on, or appoint designees to, at minimum the following campus committees:
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Campus/Community Planning Committee
- Committee on Campus Community and Environment
- Committee on Planning & Budget
- San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) Community Advisory Committee
- University Community Planning Group
- Any Building Advisory Committee (B.A.C.), such as:
- Voigt Transit Operations Center B.A.C.
- Future College B.A.C.
- Pepper Canyon West B.A.C
This Position is Stipended at a Rate of $125 / Week and the term is from Week 4 of Spring Quarter 2021 to Week 8 of Spring Quarter 2022
Time Commitment: 10-15 hr/week (varies based on individual effort; adjustable; reduced during Finals Week of any quarter)