Applying for positions within Financial Controller
- Project Director - Office of Finance and Resources
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATED STUDENTS OF UCSD (ASUCSD)
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
About the Office of Finance & Resources
The Office of Finance and Resources is dedicated to managing the finances of the Associated Students and ensuring its funding structure is continuously performing at maximum efficiency. It is in the interest of the Finance Office to make public both internal and external financial developments to the greater campus community. The Office is always looking for new ways to improve existing systems and actively seeks input from the student population. The Finance Office handles the allocation of the campus activity fee paid by undergraduate students each quarter.
Goals and Projects for 2021-22*
- Pass the 2021-22 AS Executive Budget through the AS Senate.
- Ensure student priorities are reflected through budgetary allocations
- Create a community of collaboration between the seven colleges VP/VC of Finances that can be maintained throughout the academic year.
- Assist A.S. Offices in maintaining expenditures through the development and implementation of an efficient audit system.
- Research improvements to the current AS enterprises and services.
- Work with AS Council and Senate to ensure financial feasibility of their goals.
- Most importantly, keep AS fiscally sustainable and responsible.
*This is not an exhausted list of goals, as the year moves forward our goals will expand or refine.
- Oversee the preparation and compilation of the financial side of Annual Report
- Will be involved with writing, editing, and organizing the report to be completed by the beginning of Spring quarter.
- Collaborate with the SSC, SPACES, ASP, SIAPS, KSDT, and TTV and relevant services to collect information relevant to the report
- Assist with financial trend analysis as necessary
- Strong writing and organizational skills required