Applying for positions within AVP Food and Housing Resources
- Triton Food Pantry Volunteer Fall 2021
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services, and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
The Triton Food Pantry is a service provided by the Associated Students to help serve students of the University of California, San Diego who face food insecurity. The goal of the Triton Food Pantry is to ensure equitable access to nutritious food resources. Our mission aligns with the Office of Food and Housing Resources which is to help coordinate campus-wide efforts to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable food and housing to all.
- Streamline students who want further food assistance into CalFresh
- Offer perishable goods and fresh produce
- Offer delivery of food items
- Provide quarterly data analysis on the Triton Food Pantry's use
- Secure future funding for the Triton Food Pantry
- Provide a comfortable and safe space for students who face insecurity to use
Triton Food Pantry student volunteers will be appointed by the Triton Food Pantry Student Managers and are responsible and accountable for the following:
- Shall do 1 hour of volunteer work per week at the Triton Food Pantry for the duration of the quarter (Weeks 1-10)
- Shall report to and act under the direction of the Triton Food Pantry Student Managers
- Shall assist the Triton Food Pantry Student Managers with maintaining the inventory of food and disbursement of the food to students
- Shall maintain the list of on-campus resources for those who experience Food and/or Housing Insecurity
- Shall be responsible for providing good customer service during their scheduled shift
- Shall reapply each quarter if long-term volunteering is desired
The Triton Food Pantry is taking various steps in order to ensure that proper procedures are in place to protect student staff and volunteers while still being able to serve students facing food insecurity. One of the main changes which have taken place at the Triton Food Pantry has been a switch to pre-bagging all items and creating a pick-up system for students to pick up their bags of food, rather than coming into our pantry spaces. This pre-bagging method will likely be in place for the entirety of the quarter, so as a volunteer, a majority of your time will be spent helping student staff to pre-bag food items.
Once your volunteer shift is confirmed you will be sent more information regarding the COVID-19 screening tool which the Pantry is using and which you will be required to fill out before each volunteer shift at the TFP.
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.