Applying for positions within VP Campus Affairs
- AS Data Officer
ABOUT ASSOCIATED STUDENTS
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
The Communications Team spearheads internal/external communications between AS and other bodies under the direction of the Office of the Vice President of Campus Affairs.
GOALS AND PROJECTS FOR 2021-22*
Update/revise the AS website
Create the Media and Publications Board, a reoccurring space where student press and AS members can meet
Establish a more cohesive identity/strategy for AS social media accounts
Increase more opportunities for direct student-to-AS interaction through in-person and online initiatives
Increase transparency by producing accessible digital updates
Establish relationships with student organizations
Gather student feedback through quarterly surveys
*This is not an exhaustive list of goals. As the year moves forward our goals will expand or refine.
DATA OFFICER DESCRIPTION
The AS Data Officer will be stipended at a rate of $30 per week. The expected weekly commitment is 5 - 8 hours per week.
DATA OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and collate the data and reports generated by various campus departments for use by ASUCSD.
- Work with the AS Chief Communications Officer to create an organizational chart of ASUCSD, to be maintained as a living document.
- Work with the AS Chief Communications Officer and AS Graphics to create data based infographics about campus trends, policies, and undergraduate concerns where they do not already exist.
- Work with AS Graphics to make an easily digestible and reproducable visualization of ASUCSD for wide distribution.
- Work with the AS Campus Policy Analyst, AS Financial Analyst(s), and other members of AS to statistically assess the impacts of AS programs and policies as needed.
- Advise the AS Chief Communications Officer on improving ASUCSD efficiency based on analysyes conducted.