Applying for positions within AVP Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Internal Relations Director
Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The purpose of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office shall be to increase the knowledge, appreciation, and presence of diversity on campus. The Office shall work to provide support for historically underrepresented groups on campus. The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office is dedicated to helping create a constant medium for discussion on issues pertaining to diversity awareness through forums, diversity trainings, films, speakers, and periodic surveys of campus climate, and by any other appropriate events or programs. The Office shall work to ensure that support for the services and programs of resource centers such as the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center (LGBTRC), the Cross Cultural Center, The Women’s Center, Student Promoted Access Center for Education and Service (SPACES), the International Center, the Office of Academic Support and Instructional Services (OASIS) is advocated for through the Associated Students. The Office shall support student-initiated outreach and retention of students from historically underrepresented backgrounds at UCSD. The Office shall maintain good working relations with the directors of the above-mentioned centers.
Internal Relations Director
- Shall lead the logistical efforts within the Office alongside AVP EDI.
- Shall be responsible for working with all of the resource centers and serving as a point of contact for the AVP.
- Shall stay up to date with campus affairs relating to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion to assist the AVP.
- Shall work extensively with student organizations, reaching out to connect and expand AS EDI’s sphere and peer network.
- Shall work closely with all the student resource centers at UCSD as main contact with AS: Asian Pacific Islander Middle Eastern Desi American Community (APIMEDA), Black Resource Center (BRC), Cross Cultural Center (CCC), Intertribal Resource Center (IRC), LGBT Resource Center (LGBTRC), Raza Resource Centro (RRC), and the Women’s Center (WRC).