Applying for positions within AVP Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Chief of Staff
Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The purpose of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office shall be to increase the knowledge, appreciation, and presence of diversity on campus. The Office shall work to provide support for historically underrepresented groups on campus. The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office is dedicated to helping create a constant medium for discussion on issues pertaining to diversity awareness through forums, diversity trainings, films, speakers, and periodic surveys of campus climate, and by any other appropriate events or programs. The Office shall work to ensure that support for the services and programs of resource centers such as the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center (LGBTRC), the Cross Cultural Center, The Women’s Center, Student Promoted Access Center for Education and Service (SPACES), the International Center, the Office of Academic Support and Instructional Services (OASIS) is advocated for through the Associated Students. The Office shall support student-initiated outreach and retention of students from historically underrepresented backgrounds at UCSD. The Office shall maintain good working relations with the directors of the above-mentioned centers.
Chief of Staff
- Shall organize and manage the Office of EDI by fostering interconnectedness during meetings and via email in addition to keeping headway on long term plans.
- Shall lead weekly meetings alongside AVP EDI and represent AVP EDI as needed.
- Shall delegate tasks to the Office Interns and Fellow and oversee the completion of said goals, including projects undertaken by SAAC Representatives and the Women's Commission.
- Shall observe and place oversight over the progress and improvement of the Office as well as all members within it.
- Shall promote growth, creativity, openness, and the spirit of activism within the Office.