Applying for positions within Senate
- Off-Campus Senator
About Associated Students
The Associated Students of UC San Diego, ASUCSD, is the representative organization for the entire UC San Diego undergraduate student body. Comprised of elected and appointed members, we work to advocate for our communities, and develop projects and initiatives that aim to provide students with resources, services, and to overall enhance the student experience.
About the AS Senate
The Associated Students Senate is comprised of elected and appointed members that represent our larger UC San Diego communities. Senate is charged with the authority to make resolutions, fund certain allocations, and ultimately advocate for our student body through conversation, debate, etc.
General Senator Responsibilities
Expected Weekly Workload: 10-12 Hours/Week
Develop and organize two projects by the end of their term, one of which must be completed and submitted to the Vice President of Campus Affairs halfway through their term
One project must directly benefit their constituency
Attend all mandatory meetings
Senate | Wednesdays (6:00 PM - End)
Assembly | Wednesdays, biweekly (4:00 PM - 4:30 PM)
Standing Committee | Wednesdays (4:30 PM - 5:00 PM)
Dedicate one hour a week to constituent engagement
Serve on a minimum of one external committee
Off-Campus Senator Responsibilities
In addition to the general Senator responsibilities outlined above, the Off-Campus Senator is also responsible for:
- Creating policy, programs, and initiatives for Students who live off campus or are planning to live off-campus; they will advocate for the needs of students to foster a quality off-campus experience.
- Coordinating housing and commuting resources and services
- Attending all required meetings of the All Campus Commuter Board (ACCB) and assisting with at least one ACCB event per quarter
- Building and maintaining relationships with Commuter representatives of each College Council, administrators in transportation services and offcampus housing resources
- Serving on boards or commissions that focus on off-campus student issues
Applications for Off-Campus Senator are due on October 10th, 11:59 PM PST. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org