Applying for positions within VP External Affairs
- RJN Campaign Coordinator
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
The purpose of the ASUCSD External Affairs office shall be to educate and mobilize the UCSD student body around issues affecting University communities at a city, state, and national level; The ASUCSD External Affairs Office shall also advocate for issues regarding higher education including but not limited to the UC system and its governing bodies and lobby system-wide University officials and local legislators on the UCSD student body’s behalf. In addition, the ASUCSD External Affairs office shall facilitate community relations and educational outreach on behalf of ASUCSD.
- Shall assist with the overall efforts and workings of the External Affairs office
- Shall further promote awareness and advocate towards the affordability, accessibility, and quality of higher education by assisting the Vice President of External Affairs with relegated tasks
- Shall volunteer in events and campaign efforts
- Shall help promote the External Affairs office and advocacy, whether through social media or print PR
- Shall help foster collaboration through out campus with different student associations and leaders on campus to integrate External Affairs onto UCSD
- Act as a liaison between the UC Student Association and UCSD's main campus to achieve the goals of the system wide campaign to end the school to prison pipeline.
- Program relevant events and raise awareness around the prison industrial complex and mass incarceration.
- Work closely with Organizing Director on grassroots efforts for campus and greater San Diego community engagement
- Build partnerships with local organizations advocating for, but not limited to, prison abolition, funding education, and defunding police.