

Kelly AS
Josh
Marshall Amal
Darron VPCA
Greg ERC
Jessie SSC
Louisa Muir
Erika GSA
Cyril Revelle
Ben Sixth
Kia UCEN

Kelly: No public comment
College reports, anything to report?

Ben: Noticing Spin scooters around campus, noticing problem with people leaving them everywhere. My RA broke her elbow due to a Spin scooter

Instead of 3 there are now 2 Zip cars at Gilman, would be nice to get it replaced

Curt: I know one was damaged and needed to be replaced, I'll check on the status of that

Erika: Emailed housign about the walking path behind graduate housing in One Miramar

Josh: due to the location of the path being close to freeway onramps, do not foresee that canyon path being approved

Greg: Pangaea parking upgrade updates?

Kelly: promotional materials are in the Google folder, please take a look at that

ASGS made graphics for flyers

Used to promote the STAC meetings to the public so that we can get more public input

Social media designs are in there as well

The AS webpage should be updated today or tomorrow with content about meeting locations and how to join

If people can help promote this today that would be really helpful. You can copy and paste the blurb that is already written in there or adapt it to be your own, can also be added to the college newsletters

Daron: can be added to AS of Now as well

Kelly: who would like to chair and vice-chair STAC next year would be a good thing to think about. Can be anyone, doesn't need to be a member of AS already

Thinking of adding another voting member to STAC, a student employee within transportation services

Shuttle drivers have their own perspectives that are currently missing and could be really beneficial to get their ideas included

Josh: I don't want to disenfranchise anyone but there may be a concern with making that position a voting position, because they could be put into a situation where they are voting on something that directly affects their place of work. Not a necessity, but something to keep in mind when developing that position.

Kelly: I have developed language for a new AVP within AS to focus on flow of information, communication for all dealings with transportation and commuter services including STAC, mobility issues with OSD, UCEN with commuter programs, ACCB, etc.

Darron: What do you see this person implementing on campus?

Kelly: this office is small, they wouldn't be hiring staff or programming because ACCB already does that. Would work with ACCB more formally rather than ACCB reporting to the Financial Controller, could be useful to have them work with the Data officer
Please take a look at this language and let me know what you think about it. Would it be more helpful? Less helpful?

Daron: One of the things that might come up is this person being designated a Director instead of an AVP, could be a challenge to assign a sixth AVP to the office of College Affairs since it's already a large workload

Kelly: Could also be assigned under Financial Controller

Josh: Regarding Spin, we are having a great experience with partnering with them for the bike share program, but it has not been without its problems

Did a pilot program last year with 100 bikes, scaled up to about 600 bikes

Curt: has settled to slightly below that

Josh: intention for an honest-to-god partnership with a scooter vendor moving forward, one of the perks of this technology is a more well-regulated parking area for them

Can envision a much more orderly parking procedure than we have seen for bike sharing platforms in the past

Regarding RA upgrades, I need one administrative partner that can say yes across all the colleges to identify this as a priority

Buses at Mesa has good news and bad news. We have clarity on when construction will end.

This will allow better integration and efficiency for South Mesa shuttles. Utilization difference between Mesa and South shuttles, Mesa is transporting many more students due to current breaks in the route path. This will be fixed during a mid-quarter route adjustment in Fall quarter
Digging deeper into cost models for these shuttles, it's pretty grim so we'll have conversations about resources available and better utilization, not looking great in terms of ability to scale those up.

Erika: A lot of ongoing discussion between GSA and HDH right now, could be useful to connect with you about this topic so we can include it in our messaging to them

Josh: With downward pressure for rent rates currently I'm not anticipating a lot of financial alleviation from HDH in that area, but I know you all want transparency when it comes to exact numbers so I will share those with GSA once I have them

In all staff conversations about the 4pm upgrade for permits, we are examining different routes forward. Early indications show a win-win scenario for student permit holders as well as other campus partners so we are excited about that.

Rates and permit structures are wrapping up for revisions of next year's budget, p782 and gliderport have transitioned to app-first pay per day \$3, which saves a lot of money over an S spot. By going to app we can enable students to save money on daily rate and can make students comfortable who want to buy their S permit in advance with peace of mind that they have parking ability there.

Hoping students that want to save a bit of money and don't mind waiting for the shuttle will choose the pay by app method and draw cars away from central campus for other parkers to use

Daron: Curious about the student resident overnight restrictions

Josh: Hopkins and 308 could have SR spaces swapped

Could look at making more SR designated areas where those students would need to park I don't know if we'll solve it campus-wide for next year, but focusing energy on fixing it in Hopkins

Daron: AS Data officer is putting together a final report

Josh: I have a data request from them on my desk so I will connect with them

Curt: feedback on the 2-person parking spaces in Osler?

Erika: haven't heard any feedback yet

Curt: will be reviewing trends in occupancy for those spaces soon

3rd week registration numbers should be in soon so that we can calculate billing for bus service

Need to have a conversation with MTS director of marketing regarding updating the survey

Kelly: Ideas on what would help incentivize students to carpool more?

Erika: for grad students it's just hard to find someone with the same schedule as you

Kelly: Can work and class schedule both count toward requirement for the permit?

Curt: Yes, both can be factored in when considering eligibility for the permit

Erika: is there a reason for signing up?

Josh: to get access to the special 2-person permits, but if you don't need access to those it's just a benefit to efficiency and fuel savings

Amal: What is the current method for advertising these opportunities? Because I haven't heard of this until now

Josh: campuswide emails, but this is good feedback and we do want recommendations and suggestions for how better to communicate these opportunities to students that drive to campus

Kia: Zimride name is confusing and not apparently connected to the idea of carpooling, a rebrand could be beneficial

Are carpool meetup lots publicized to students that want to meet at one location to then drive to campus together?

Curt: yes, we link to them on our website but data about usage is very scattered

Kia: testimonials could be really valuable also, a personal narrative about getting benefits out of carpooling could connect well with students

Daron: TTV is developing video testimonials of commuter students

Josh: can you connect me with them for an introduction?

Daron: Yes

Greg: Should be easier to access information for commuter students, hard to know where to find out all these different incentives and transportation options as a student

Curt: Would video monitors in the commuter lounges help?

Kia: the PC video monitors can display those types of materials, as well as postering in the PC commuter lounges

Kelly: who is in charge of the commuter lounges?

Greg: Res Life office could approve and same-day add content to the monitors in ours, as well as a weekly newsletter

Kelly: but there isn't one person in each college that is responsible for the lounge?

Greg: it could be the commuter reps, but ultimately it comes down to how the council wants to use and manage the space

Josh: seems like there is no central communication or coordination amongst the different college commuter lounges. Do students think there would be any benefit to coordination amongst them?

Kelly: it would be great if the new AVP position could take this on

Curt: Does ACCB ever have involvement with them?

Kelly: I'm not sure, they're operating fairly autonomously

Greg: from a student perspective the users likely wouldn't notice it. But it would probably be difficult to justify hiring a full-time person to handle it

Curt: personally, I think my area's relationship with the RA's is lacking, could be really beneficial to be better connected to that student group

Kelly: Greg, since you are an RA, could you email me about extending an invitation to RA's to come to a future STAC meeting?

Josh: wanted to share a future ambition for next year. WE don't have in-house budget staff but our parent organization that is helping with this are working with us in this budgeting process. One of the features from my previous institution was a quarterly open-book report on budgeting as the year progresses. The better informed STAC members are in the operations and expenses of these services, the better consultants and advisors to our processes you all will be

Is there consensus about how STAC will operate over summer?

Kelly: not specified in the charter or rules. Could be good to still meet in some capacity.

Josh: there are many important questions and changes that come up in summer so it would be good to know who will represent student voices when those come up before Fall

Kelly: we can do a call-out for those who know they can't represent on STAC over the summer, and find replacements for members that are unable to be present

Josh: I believe there was a hard push to get students to attend at the end of last summer led to Kelly developing a student feedback survey which was really valuable heading into the year

Louisa: To promote future STAC meetings, do we post the flyers on Facebook or do we just post the text?

Kelly: both are available to you

Greg: do we have a facebook page?

Kelly: no, I normally utilize commuters@ucsd

Amal: could be good to clarify that STAC can be reached via that page