About the Associated Students of UCSD (ASUCSD)
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
About the Office of External Affairs: Campus Organizing Director
The purpose of the ASUCSD External Affairs office shall be to educate the UCSD student body on issues affecting the University at a city, state, and national level; The ASUCSD External Affairs Office shall also advocate for issues regarding higher education and lobby system-wide University officials and local legislators on the UCSD student body’s behalf. In addition, the ASUCSD External Affairs office shall facilitate community relations and educational outreach on behalf of ASUCSD.
Goals and Projects for 2016-17
- Establish post budget process.
- Bridge all organizations in the Student Org. Onestop.
- Represent student organization concerns to the Center of Student Involvement
- Continue to move as many funding processes online.
- Make the Office of the AVP Student Organizations known as a resource for student organizations.
Open Staff Positions for the Office of External Affairs: Campus Organizing Director
Campus Organizing Director
- (1)Shall serve as a Board Member to the University of California Student Association
- (2)Shall serve as a member of the University of California Student Association Campus Organizing Committee
- (3)Shall oversee the organization and mobilization of the UCSD campus in all activities of the External Affairs Office, including but not limited to:
- (a)Execution of University of California Student Association and United States Student Association Action Agenda Items;
- (b)University of California Student Association and United States Student Association conferences and annual Congress;
- (c)UC Regents Meetings;
- (d)Voter Registration; and
- (e)Educational forums on local, state, and system-wide level.
- (4)Shall supervise the Campus Organizing Intern
- (5) Shall be the chair of all UCSA Campaign Committees at UCSD that fall under the Office of External Affairs
- (6)Appointed by the Vice-President External Affairs with the consent of the
* Time commitments for the COD position can vary from approximately 10 hours/week to 30 hours/week
* Applicants for COD must be available to travel to UCSA board meetings monthly as a representative of UCSD (travel fees are covered by the office)