About the Associated Students of UCSD (ASUCSD)
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
About the Office of AVP Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: TEDI Co-Chair
The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will increase the knowledge, appreciation, and presence of diversity on campus. The Office shall work to provide support for historically underrepresented groups on campus. The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office is dedicated to helping create a constant medium for discussion on issues pertaining to diversity awareness through forums, diversity trainings, films, speakers, and periodic surveys of campus climate, and by any other appropriate events or programs. The Office shall work to ensure that support for the services and programs of resource centers such as the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center (LGBTRC), the Cross Cultural Center, The Women’s Center, Student Promoted Access Center for Education and Service (SPACES), the International Center, the Black Resource Center (BRC), the Raza Resource Centro (RRC), Inter-Tribal Resource Center, the Office of Academic Support and Instructional Services (OASIS) is advocated for through the Associated Students. The Office shall support student-initiated outreach and retention of students from historically underrepresented backgrounds at UCSD. The Office shall maintain good working relations with the directors of the above-mentioned centers.
Goals and Projects for 2016-17
- Support student-initiated outreach and retention of students from historically underrepresented backgrounds at UCSD.
- Organize campaigns on a variety of issues to increase diversity awareness and social justice to promote a more cohesive campus community
- Maintain good working relations with the interns and directors of all community resource centers.
- Increase the overall knowledge, appreciation, and presence of diversity on campus.
Open Staff Positions for the Office of AVP Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: TEDI Co-Chair
- Chair of Tritons for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (TEDI), a commission of the Associated Students, will provide social justice education for UCSD students
- Chair will be responsible for planning the quarterly TEDI workshops, and leading the group activities/discussions
- Chair will also be responsible for maintaining communication with AVP EDI regarding projects/initiatives
- Chair will be responsible for keeping TEDI participants engaged following the quarterly retreats