About the Associated Students of UCSD (ASUCSD)
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
About the Office of All Campus Commuter Board
The Office of the All Campus Commuter Board is responsible for representing and providing a more welcoming college experience for Commuter Students. The Office of the All Campus Commuter Board serves as a unifying student service for the college commuter associations. The Board plans and coordinate all-campus events targeting commuter students and serve as an outreach and advocacy service to improve commuter life on campus. The Board is non-profit.
Goals and Projects for 2016-17
- Program Events catered to the Commuter Community
- Bridge all Commuter organizations across campus with ACCB
- Continue to make efforts to raise dialogue about Commuter Issues
- Make the Office of the All Campus Commuter Board present and known as a Commuter Resource for students.
- Survey students on new implementations for the All Campus Commuter Lounge and any necessary information to make use for future events and planning.
Open Staff Positions for the Office of All Campus Commuter Board
- Shall assist the Chair in all of their duties.
- Shall be responsible for the oversight of the duties of all other board members.
- Shall work closely with the Financial Coordinator in budgeting and costs.
- Shall assist the Chair in coordinating and TAP events.
- Shall assist the Vice Chair in coordinating the budget for each quarter.
- Shall be responsible for the oversight of the budget and costs of purchases overall.
- Shall be responsible of reimbursements if necessary.
- Shall work with the Chair and Vice Chair in product selection for events in terms of costs and logistics.
- Shall assist the Vice Chair in coordinating Marketing techniques.
- Shall be responsible for handling Marketing logistics with campus marketing resources.
- Shall work closely with the Financial Coordinator in regards to marketing costs.
- Shall oversee and work with the Social Media Coordinator with their duties.
Social Media Coordinator
- Shall assist the Marketing Director in all of their duties.
- Shall be responsible for managing all Social Media Sites for ACCB.
- Shall be responsible for updating and handling the ACCB Main Website.
- Shall be responsible for creating Social Media Event Advertisements when necessary.