About the Associated Students of UCSD (ASUCSD)
The Associated Students of the University of California, San Diego are the elected and appointed representatives of the UC San Diego student body. The ASUCSD works to promote student engagement through its services and leadership opportunities. The ASUCSD seeks to foster a cohesive community through active interaction and communication with students, the administration, and the greater San Diego Community. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage students to grow and develop through their involvement in student government, its services and auxiliaries. We promote student engagement in all areas of campus life through leadership, advocacy, and service in order to build and strengthen our community.
About the Office of College Affairs - Director of Visibility
About the Office
In brief, the Office of College Affairs is tasked with cultivating a collaborative relationship between the six Colleges. Primarily, the Office does so by facilitating communication between members of each College Council, and with the Associated Students Council, in order to provide a strong coalition of student governments that is better equipped to serve the student body and to provide greater access for students to participate in their governance structure. Additionally, the Office aims to plan large-scale, campus-wide events throughout the academic year that instill a sense of pride in each of the colleges, and promote intercollegiate collaboration and spirit.About the Position
The Director of Visibility will be tasked with coordinating all marketing and publicity related events and designing promotional material. See below for specific goals and responsibilities, or feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions regarding this position!
Goals and Projects for 2016-17
- Establish close rapport with each of the six College Councils by coordinating two College Council visits per quarter
- Collaborate with various A.S. Offices and senators in order to improve scope and reach of programs/events
- Coordinate one large-scale event per academic quarter that promotes college spirit, and encourages intercollegiate collaboration/competition in some way
- Provide more engaging opportunities for first-years and first-year transfers to become involved within their college, or on a campus-wide level
- Facilitate campus-wide cooperation and communication in order to most efficiently tackle key issues that affect UC San Diego students
- Shall oversee the pilot year of the A.S. Fellowship Program, and continue to implement innovative programs to improve the experience and engagement of UC San Diego students
- Maintain our reputation as the most fun office of Associated Students!
Open Staff Positions for the Office of College Affairs - Director of Visibility
Director of Visibility
- Shall be responsible for the development and distribution of all marketing materials.
- Shall serve as a liaison between the Office of College Affairs and A.S. Graphics Studio, or may design any promotional material independently, with the approval of the AVP of College Affairs
- Shall attend biweekly Office of College Affairs meetings, and may have to attend additional meetings at the discretion of the AVP of College Affairs